- 3 oz semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped or 3 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup reduced calorie margarine (tub)
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar and/or unsweetened cocoa powder to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray an 8" square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In top of double boiler, over barely simmering water (or in microwave), melt chocolate and margarine; remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs and sugar until pale yellow, thick and tripled in volume, about 7 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.