- 1 cup textured soy protein
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- water or other liquid for sauteing
- your favorite barbeque sauce or vegan mustard sauce
- Mix the textured soy protein with the ½ cup water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sauté onion in about 1 tbsp liquid until almost clear.
- Then add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the reconstituted textured soy protein.
- Add the barbeque sauce until the mixture is the right consistency for sandwiches.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.