Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 large cabbage, with big leaves,core removed
- 175 g long-grain rice
- 2 large onions, peeled and minced
- 450 g mushrooms (canned or fresh)
- 50 g butter
- 5 ml salt
- 2 ml pepper
- 5 ml garlic powder
- 9 ml sweet paprika
- 1 ml parsley
- 1½ liters tomato juice or vegetable stock or mushroom stock
- 6 – 9 ml sweet paprika
- Slice through the base of the cabbage and cook in lightly salted boiling water until tender.
- When the leaves are tender, peel off (you may have to peel the first layers first and then return the cabbage to cook and continue peeling the leaves until all are done).
- Boil the rice until just tender; drain and set aside.
- Fry the onions in the butter until softened.
- Dice the mushrooms and fry lightly with the onions.
- Mix with the rice and season with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and parsley.
- Place a tablespoonful of the rice mixture in each cabbage leaf; carefully, tuck in sides and roll to cover rice.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a roasting pan and place cabbage rolls seam side down in pan, packing them tightly together.
- Pour enough juice or stock over the top to cover them.
- Sprinkle lightly with remaining paprika.
- Cover and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the cabbage lightly.