Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white, additional sugar for top
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter to coarse crumbs.
- Stir in raisins and buttermilk.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Place on floured surface, knead a few times (6 – 8).
- Pat into an 8in circle, cut into 12 wedges.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Beat egg white until foamy, brush scones.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.