Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Date on card says 1899.
- 8 peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 heaping Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of freshly ground pepper if desired
- Grate about 8 peeled potatoes and transfer to sieve to drip dry.
- When drippings have settled, pour off clear liquid and add remaining sediment (starch) to grated potatoes.
- To mixture add 2 eggs, 2 heaping Tablespoons flour, 1 Tablespoon grated Onion, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add a pinch of freshly ground pepper if desired.
- Mix into a uniform batter and spoon into hot lard or oil in skillet.
- Flatten each pancake gently with spatula, as they should be on the thin side.
- Fry to a crisp golden brown on both sides and serve immediately.
- Some like their Potato pancakes sprinkled with a little salt and topped with sour cream.
- Others prefer them sprinkled with just Sugar or Sugar and sour cream.