- 28 ounces canned beets
- 1 large red onion
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Drain beets and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Chop onion.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except lettuce.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Wash lettuce and let it dry thoroughly.
- On a large serving platter arrange lettuce in an attractive manner.
- Spoon beet salad over lettuce.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.