Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Soup with liver dumplings
- ½ lb beef liver, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or beef marrow
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash marjoram, grounded
- 1 dash mace
- 2 quarts consommé
- Mix ground beef liver with butter, garlic, lemon rind, marjoram and mace.
- Beat in eggs and then bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Let it stand in room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Shape into small balls (size of ping-pong balls), bring consomme to a boil, drop in liver dumplings.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (dumplings should be hard).