Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Bring the water to a boil, and add the salt.
- Whisk in the polenta, pouring it in a slow, steady stream so that lumps don't form.
- Lower the heat, and cook about 30 minutes while stirring.
- Alternatively, cook the polenta in a double boiler over simmering water for 45 minutes, stirring it every 15 minutes or so.
- If you wish to serve soft polenta, keep it over the heat in a double boiler until needed.
- To make firm polenta, pour it into a pan and set aside; after a while, it will cool and firm up.
- Turn it out of its pan and cut into ½-inch slices.
- To broil or grill the polenta, brush both sides of each slice with olive oil, and cook until lightly browned.
- The slices can also be fried in butter or olive oil, until lightly browned or until crisp.
- Slices can be used as layers in a casserole.