Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a great appetizer that can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or on a grill. I love to stir in freshly chopped cilantro before pouring into baking pan.
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup whole kernel corn
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper or cherry pepper, chopped, to taste (I like more)
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese or feta
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Bring the water, milk and butter to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan.
- With a wire whisk, stir in the cornmeal and onion soup mix.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, for about 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in corn and peppers.
- Spread the mixture in a lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in 350 °F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let stand until cool and firm.
- When cool, cut into triangles.
- (cut into larger squares and cut squares in half to form triangles).
- At this point it can be refrigerated or frozen.
- When ready to serve, place on cookie sheet and reheat in oven or place on grill to heat until hot and a little crispy.