Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fish with onions
- 2 – 3 lbs firm fish filets
- 4 – 6 onions sliced thin
- 1 – 3 chili pepper minced
- 4 – 5 lemons juice only
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- ¼ cup peanut or other oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together in a stainless steel or glass dish.
- Let marinate at least 1 – 2 hours.
- Remove the pieces, wipe dry, and grill, broil or sauté them till well browned.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Remove the onions from the marinade and sauté for 8 – 10 minutes till well wilted and starting to brown.
- Simmer the marinade without the for 10 – 15 minutes, then add the marinated grilled and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice, fufu or couscous.