Fish with onions
- 2 – 3 lbs firm fish filets
- 4 – 6 onions sliced thin
- 1 – 3 chili pepper minced
- 4 – 5 lemons juice only
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- ¼ cup peanut or other oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together in a stainless steel or glass dish.
- Let marinate at least 1 – 2 hours.
- Remove the pieces, wipe dry, and grill, broil or sauté them till well browned.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Remove the onions from the marinade and sauté for 8 – 10 minutes till well wilted and starting to brown.
- Simmer the marinade without the for 10 – 15 minutes, then add the marinated grilled and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice, fufu or couscous.