- 750 gr. - 1 kg flour
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm milk or water
- 20 gr. fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 dl. oil
- lukewarm water as needed
- 2-3 eggs
- lard or oil for greasing
- flour for dusting
- Sift flour.
- Crumble yeast, add some Sugar, some flour and lukewarm water or milk.
- Mix well until smooth and leave to stand in a warm place to rise.
- Make a well in the center of flour, add oil, egg yolks and one whole egg, salt and creamed yeast. Pour in some lukewarm water and mix all.
- Knead into smooth dough until bubbles appear in it.
- Dust the dough with some flour and leave it to stand in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Grease a baking pan (tepsiya) with oil or lard.
- Toss the risen dough onto a board dredged with flour, knead it shortly, put into the tepsiya, cover and leave to stand like that for about 10–15 minutes.
- Before baking, prick with a fork in several places.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200 Celsius degrees for about 30–35 minutes.
- When the crust is brown, it can be covered with tin paper or thin foil.
- When done, sprinkle the pogatcha with some water and wrap it up with clean cloth.
- Serve warm, preferably with kaymak, some Cheese spread or the like, as a snack.