Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 medium-size poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2½ cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 x 8¾-ounce can yellow corn, drained
- ½ cup chopped yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Purée roasted peppers, onion, spinach, cilantro, garlic and ½ cup broth in blender; set aside.
- Combine rice and oil in saucepan over medium heat. Cook rice until lightly browned.
- Add poblano purée to rice and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, squash, red pepper and carrots, remaining 2 cups broth, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.