Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cambodian grilled corn
- 6 servings
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, white parts only,thinly sliced
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- Prepare charcoal grill or preheat an ungreased cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Very lightly brush the corn with oil and set on the grill rack or in the skillet.
- Cook, turning every 2 – 3 minutes, until the kernels are tender and nicely charred, 12 – 15 minutes total; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together the sauce, water, sugar and salt until it is dissolved.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Carefully pour liquid mixture in (it may sputter a bit so watch out); add the green onions and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 30 seconds; remove from heat and cool.
- Brush cooked corn with the sauce and serve.