Purchased from the Davis Estate in Anna, Texas in 1994. Dated 1954.
- 8 salmon fillets (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 2 slices lemon
- Several sprigs of parsley
- 6 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- Cut the salmon fillets into individual portions.
- Place in a large skillet the carrot, onion, sliced celery, lemon, parsley, and bay leaves.
- Add the cold water to cover, salt to taste, the wine, and the lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
- Adjust heat to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Then remove it carefully to a serving platter; the salmon will be perfectly done.