Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is best made at least 30 minutes in advance to give the pears time to cool.
- Halve, peel, and core the pears.
- Sprinkle freshly cut pears with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place in microwave-safe dish and cover with cranapple juice.
- Cover and cook on high 6 – 8 minutes or until pears are fork tender.
- Spoon juice over pears, cover, and let stand 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- I love the texture and buttery flavor of poached pears.
- This microwave poaching method is so simple that sometimes i buy a big bag of pears and poach them all at once.
- They can then be refrigerated and covered and eaten as snacks throughout the next week.
- Bosc and bartlett pears are the best varieties for poaching.
- This is a nice holiday recipe because the cranberry juice turns the pears a pale pink color.
- These pears are pretty garnished with some fresh mint sprigs.