- 2 russet or Idaho potatoes, cleaned and grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, whisked with a fork until frothy
- 8 poached eggs, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- On a nonstick baking sheet, spread ¼ cup of potato mixture into a pancake about 4 inches in diameter.
- Fill the sheet with pancakes and spray them with vegetable spray.
- Bake until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Turn, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove; top each pancake with two poached eggs and serve with 2 slices of whole grain toast.