- 2 Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and halved
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- Quick Custard Sauce 1/4 cup crushed butter toffee candy
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- salad greens
- Arrange Apple halves in 2-quart microwave-safe dish.
- Combine water and brandy; pour over Apples; cover and microwave on high (100 percent) 4 to 5 minutes or until Apples are tender.
- (If microwave does not have carousel, rotate dish halfway after 2 minutes.)
- In microwave-safe glass measure, blend Sugar and cornstarch; stir in half-and-half.
- Microwave on high (100 percent) 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg white; return to hot mixture.
- Stir in vanilla extract; microwave on high (100 percent) 1 minute.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare Quick Custard Sauce. To serve, spoon custard into bottom of shallow serving dish.
- Arrange Apple halves on custard and sprinkle with crushed toffee.
- Garnish with mint and serve.