Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Galuste cu prune
- 1 lb / 500 g potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb / 500 g plums
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- Boil well washed potatoes in their jacket.
- When done, peel them and crush with the potato press or grind them.
- Place the potato paste in a bowl and mix with the eggs, flour, one teaspoon of sugar and a little salt.
- Make a three finger thick roll from this paste.
- Cut one finger thick pieces from it.
- Flatten these pieces with your hand and place one pitless plum onto each of them.
- Then roll into a ball with your floured hand.
- When all the dumplings are made, boil in salt water.
- When they rise to the surface, they are done.
- Remove with the slotted spoon and roll in breadcrumbs previously fried in butter, so that each dumpling is completely covered in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a serving plate and powder with vanilla confectioner's sugar.
- Serve warm.