Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup soy oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 small jars plum baby food
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- Sift flour 3 times.
- Add sugar and oil. Mix.
- Then add eggs, one at a time.
- Add spices and then baby food.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or top with Robertson’s lemon curd.