- Wash and soak the rice.
- Heat the oil in a kazan (large, heavy pot) until hot; add the meat, cooking until brown on all sides.
- Add the carrots, onions, and peppers, and cook until tender.
- Add 5 cups of water and then all the rice so that the water covers the rice completely.
- Push the cloves of garlic under the surface of the rice.
- Cover and lower the heat a little.
- Cover and cook until rice is done, about 30 minutes.
- There are many variations of plov so feel free to experiment with raisins, dried apricots or other vegetables.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.