This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Huey Estate in Richardson, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot butter.
- Remove from skillet.
- Trim excess fat from chops and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown chops in skillet; pour off fat.
- Lower heat; add bay leaf and chicken broth.
- Cook covered over low heat for 1 hour then transfer chops to a serving plate but keep them hot then heat juices in skillet and reduce to half.
- Add sour cream, onion-garlic mixture and paprika blending thoroughly.
- Heat through, but don't boil.
- Pour over pork chops and serve.