Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1¼ cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2¼ cups cold water
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté bacon in large pan until almost crisp.
- Add onions land saute lightly. Remove bacon and onions and set aside, leaving 2 Tbsp grease in pan. Add butter to pan.
- Sauté pecans over medium heat. Remove pecans and set aside.
- Add rice and salt to pan, coating well. Add cold water, stir, bringing to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in bacon, onions, pecans and parsley.