Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1¼ cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2¼ cups cold water
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté bacon in large pan until almost crisp.
- Add onions land saute lightly. Remove bacon and onions and set aside, leaving 2 Tbsp grease in pan. Add butter to pan.
- Sauté pecans over medium heat. Remove pecans and set aside.
- Add rice and salt to pan, coating well. Add cold water, stir, bringing to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in bacon, onions, pecans and parsley.