Makes 12 servings
- 2½ pound boneless lean pork
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green peas
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- Brown meat on all sides in oil in large skillet over moderate heat.
- Remove meat to large shallow casserole.
- Pour fat from skillet. Add salt, poultry seasoning, black pepper and broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Stir to loosen brown particles.
- Place rice, onions, green peppers and peas in casserole. Add boiling broth. Stir.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes or until meat and rice are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir lightly with fork before serving