- Heat most of the oil in a large skillet.
- Peel plantains.
- Cut plantains into disks of equal thickness.
- Fry the plantains in the hot oil for several minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and place them on absorbent paper.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a deep pot.
- Fry the peppers and onion over high heat for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the fried plantains to the peppers and onion.
- Add a spoonful of water, cover and simmer at a low heat for a few minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve hot, alone or as a side dish.