- 4 ripe plantains
- 4 tablespoons oil
- a little bit of white sauce
- 1 oz butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- a large glass of milk
- 3 oz grated Swiss cheese
- Peel the plantains,cut them in two parts in lengthways ,then into slices .
- In the frying pan ,fry them in small quantities with oil.
- Prepare the white sauce with the butter and the flour well mixed, the milk, the salt and the pepper.
- Place in successive layers in a "gratin" dish the plantain and the white sauce ; finish with the white sauce.
- Powder with the grated Swiss cheese.