Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and mashed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- vegetable oil for frying
- 8 slices French bread, toasted
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- Toast sunflower kernels on baking sheet in 350 degree oven 5 to 7 minutes until golden.
- Combine sunflower kernels, beans, rice, Onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, soy sauce and thyme. Form into 8 rectangular patties.
- Pan-fry burgers in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated about 4 minutes per side. Serve on French bread with condiments.