- Soak beans overnight.
- Heat the oil a in heavy casserole and add the garlic, onion, and herbs, and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until well-blended.
- Add beans and water to cover beans.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Remove cover, add salt, and simmer 1 hour longer.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve with rice.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.