- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare mixture for filling.
- butter lightly an 11 inch x 16 inch baking pan, which has some depth.
- The pastry sheets are usually about this size.
- Place 6 sheets, sprinkling each with melted butter, in the bottom of pan.
- Set aside 6 sheets for the top.
- Proceed to pile remaining sheets, each sprinkled with butter, in pan, alternating with nut mixture.
- Place last 6 sheets on top, sprinkling with butter only.
- Bake for about one hour or until lightly browned.
- To complete baklava: when baked, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; cut in diamond-shaped pieces and pour syrup over all while both are at a warm temperature.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.