Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Christmas bread cake
- Makes 1 loaf
- 5 eggs
- 2½ cups flour (all-purpose)
- 2 cups sugar, icing
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped fine
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 4 oz orange peel, chopped fine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp vodka or brandy
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs with sugar using an electric mixer for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Mix chopped nuts, raisins and orange peel with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Mix remaining flour with baking powder and salt.
- cream together the butter, lemon peel and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Beat in vodka, then add egg mixture gradually, beating constantly.
- Add the flour mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- Fold fruit-nut mixture into the batter.
- Turn into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch pan or a 1½ quart ring mold.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for ten minutes, then turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside to mellow for a couple of days.