Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- ½ cup sliced white onion
- ½ cup sliced red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced raw mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppercorns
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick spray then preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cornmeal in a small bowl.
- Add cold water and stir until well mixed.
- Stir cornmeal mixture into saucepan with boiling water then cook stirring over low heat until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and Parmesan.
- Spread cornmeal mixture to form a crust in the greased pan using wet hands or a spatula.
- Spread evenly across bottom and up sides.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350°F.
- In sauté pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté garlic, onion, peppers and mushrooms 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in black olives, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper and red peppercorns.
- Spread vegetables onto crust then sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top and arrange tomato slices over cheese.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan and bake 20 minutes at 350°F.