Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book by Ruth Glick
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (4½ oz) pkg reduced-fat refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
- 1½ tbsp low-sodium or regular tomato sauce
- scant ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray coating.
- Set aside.
- In a custard cup, mix together the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Set aside.
- Open the biscuit carton and separate the biscuits.
- Place them on the baking sheet.
- With a small spoon, spread the tomato sauce and seasoning mixture on the biscuits, dividing the mixture evenly.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.
- Leftovers will keep 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 piece):
- 54 Calories | 2g Protein | 191mg Sodium | 1mg Cholesterol | 1g Fat | 10g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 1g Sugars
- Exchanges: ½ starch