Farmers' Market Recipes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 2
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ¼ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped fine
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 baked potatoes
- ½ tablespoon margarine
- ½ tablespoon flour
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup cheese, shredded
- Cook broccoli, onions, and carrots in a small amount of water until tender and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine and stir in flour. Add milk slowly while stirring. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add vegetables to cheese sauce and stir.
- Split open potatoes. Pour equal amounts of vegetable cheese mixture over each potato. Top with sliced tomatoes.