- 1 Unbaked pizza dough shell (12 inch)
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp Finely chopped fresh garlic -
- ½ Cup Chopped red onion
- 1 California avocado, cut into 8 slices
- ½ Cup Coarsely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 4 oz Peeled rock Shrimp
- 3 oz Gouda Cheese, shredded
- Shredded, Fresh basil* - As needed
Evenly arrange California avocado slices in a pinwheel pattern.
Sprinkle with Cheese.
Bake at 500 degrees F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Lightly sprinkle with basil
Cut into 8 wedges.
- To use dried basil, lightly sprinkle it on the pizza after the Cheese, before it goes into the oven.
Hot Tip for Cooking with Genuine California avocados:
Cooking softens the avocado's texture and mellows the flavor. Protect avocados from discoloration with batters, toppings or sauces to avoid exposure to direct heat.
YIELD: 12-inch Pizza