Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flat bread with onions
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 30 g salt
- 30 g (1 oz) yeast
- 60 g (2 oz) dry milk
- 40 g (1 – 2 oz) beef fat
- 180 g onions
- 14 g or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 730 ml or 3 cups water
- Add the lukewarm water and flour, ½ cup at a time.
- If necessary, beat in is as much of the remaining ½ cup of flour as you need to make a dough that does not stick to your fingers.
- Gather the dough into a large, compact ball.
- Divide dough into 150 – 200 g (5 – 7 oz) pieces and roll into balls.
- Flatten into round bread, 2 – 3 cm (¾ – 1 inch) at edges and 5 mm (3/16 inch) in the center. Recipe is the same as Obi-non.
- Stamp patterns on top and sprinkle with thinly sliced onions and sesame seeds.
- Allow to rise another 15 – 20 minutes under a pastry cloth and bake in a tandoor oven.