Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The only part in this recipe (Piyaz - Turkish Black-eyed pea salad) that is time consuming is the peas. If you haven't got the time to boil the peas just buy canned peas (3 cans should do it).
- ½ large red onion, grated or ground by hand with a bit of salt sprinkled on the onion
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, soaked for 24hrs in salty water and boiled until done in the same water for soaking and drain well
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dill weed (dry or fresh what ever is available)
- 4 freshly squeezed lemons
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons sumac
- 4-6 finely chopped garlic
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Marinate for a few hours or 24hrs and serve.
- Great with barbequed salmon.