Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 19 oz. can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 tablespoon tahini
- 4 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 sea salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 6 whole Wheat pitas
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- Combine Chickpeas, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic and sea salt (optional) in food processor and process until well blended and smooth. Stir in the parsley. Warm pitas until they are soft; slice almost completely through into two circles. Spread 1/3 c. humus over half of each pita; top with 1/6 of the sliced scallions and slices of 1/2 a tomato. Top with other pita circle and serve. Yields six pitas.