Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For the pita bread
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) fresh yeast, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/ teaspoon salt
- -- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh curds
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 green chilli, chopped
- salt to taste
- -- Other ingredients:
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- For the pita bread : Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic. Add the oil and knead again. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes). Press the dough lightly to remove the air. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll out each portion into a circle of 5" diameter with 1/8" thickness. Cook the pita breads on a griddle on each side for a minute or until the bread puffs up. Remove and keep aside. Cut each pita bread into 2 halves.
- For the dressing : Blend all the ingredients in a food processor to get a smooth sauce. Keep aside. Warm the pitta bread halves on a griddle. Fill each pita bread half with the tomato and lettuce and a tablespoon of the dressing on top. Repeat for the remaining pita bread halves and other ingredients to make 3 more Pita Pockets. Serve immediately.
- Tips: 1. You can also serve the pita pockets with the red garlic chutney. 2. Use any other patties or cutlets of your choice for filling the pita pocket. 3. You can use 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) of dry yeast instead of the fresh yeast for the above recipe.