- Makes 4 main-dish servings or 8 appetizer servings.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 pound boneless venison, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 red sweet peppers, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons purchased piri-piri spice
- Peel sweet potatoes, if desired, and cut into 1¼-inch cubes.
- Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Drain; cool slightly.
- Alternately thread the sweet potato, venison, and sweet pepper pieces on 4 long metal skewers, leaving a ¼-inch space between pieces.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle generously with piri-piri spice.
- Place kabobs on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat.
- Grill for 25 to 35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, turning occasionally.