Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finely Ground Beef, Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- ½ cup catsup
- ⅓ cup tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg mix), beaten
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1½ pounds finely ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine catsup, tomato juice, salt, pepper, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, and mustard.
- Add ground beef and mix thoroughly.
- Press beef mixture into a lightly oiled 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a small bowl combine topping ingredients.
- Spread over the top of the raw meat loaf mixture.
- Bake at 400 °F for 35–45 minutes, until internal temperature is at least 160 °F.
- Drain off fat and discard. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow meat loaf to firm up for slicing.
- Slice into six portions.