Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1½ cups sliced onions]]
- 2 tablespoons [[vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided use
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided use
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add sliced green bell peppers and sliced onions; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the onions are tender but not browned.
- Add chopped whole tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and cook about 1 minute, or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Combine eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a bowl; stir well.
- Add mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Transfer to the serving dish with the green bell pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley.