Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Christmas Cookie Recipes from around the World
- Makes about 200
- 1¼ cups margarine
- ¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 7 cups white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Boil the syrup and spices, add the margarine and beat until the mixture is cool.
- Mix the soda in with part of the flour and then combine with the syrup-margarine mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the whipped eggs and the rest of the flour.
- Do not knead the final mixture.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave overnight in a cool place.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the dough, cut up into shapes with cookie cutters and bake the cookies in the oven until golden brown (approximately 8 minutes).