Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kansas is known for its wheat. Pioneer Bread – A popular recipe adapted for the bread machine.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
1 Loaf (8 slices) Edit
- ⅞ cup water (80°F)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1¾ cups bread flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp rye flour
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp bread machine yeast
1½ Loaves (12 slices) Edit
- 1 cup water (80°F)
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp rye flour
- 3 tbsp cornmeal
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1¾ tsp bread machine yeast
2 Loaves (16 slices) Edit
- 1½ cups water (80°F)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3¼ cups bread flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup rye flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp bread machine yeast
- Have ingredients at room temperature.
- Accurately measure all ingredients.
- For flour, first stir, then spoon into a dry measuring cup and level off.
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Recommended cycle: basic/white bread cycle; medium crust color.
- It is all right to open the machine and touch the dough to check its consistency.
- Do this about 5 minutes into the knead cycle.
- The dough should form a soft ball around the kneading blade.
- If it is too dry, add liquid ½ to 1 tablespoon at a time; if it is too wet, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time until right dough consistency is reached.
- Remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional information Edit
One slice provides 115 calories | 4 g protein | 22 g carbohydrates | 2 g fat | 0 mg cholesterol | 1 g dietary fiber | 4 mg calcium | 40 mg potassium | 148 mg sodium