Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from McDonald Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1990. Dated 1954.
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 pound Beef brisket
- 1 large white Onion, chopped
- ½ cup Dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- Rinse beans under running water and place in a large kettle with water.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes then bring to bowling.
- Cover, lower heat and cook 15 minutes. Let stand 1 hour.
- Tim all fat from brisket and brown on all sides in remaining fat in a large skillet.
- Place brisket in bottom of heavy duty pot.
- Add beans, liquid, Onion, molasses, salt, ginger, mustard, pepper and bay leaves.
- Add water or additional stock if needed to cover meat and beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours adding liquid if necessary.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 8 hours.
- Remove brisket to a carving board and cut into slices.
- Spoon beans around Beef on platter.