Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pinto Bean Soup
- 1 1/4 cup dry pinto beans (8 oz)
- 1 beef shank (1 lb.)
- 1 ham hock (3/4 lb.)
- 1/4 t. dried thyme, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- ground pepper
1. Rinse beans and put in a large kettle with 4 cups cold water. Bring to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. let stand 1 hour.
3. Add beef shank, ham hock, onion, 1 1/2 t. salt and dash pepper and thyme; return to heat. Bring to boil.
4. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Remove bones. Cut off meat and dice.
6. Add meat, potatoes and carrots to soup. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serves 6 to 8
Source: My Old Recipes