Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a dense, moist cake with a surprisingly good taste. Because it is an exception to low-fat guidelines, include it only on special occasions.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The UCSD Healthy Diet For Diabetes, by Susan Algert, MS, RD, Barbara Grasse, RD, CDE, and Annie Durning, MS, RD, ©1990 by Regents of The University of California.
- Makes 12 Servings
- ¼ cup fructose (granulated)
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cooked and mashed pinto beans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- 2 cups diced apples
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil a 10-inch angel food cake or bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- With an electric mixer or food processor, cream fructose and margarine until smooth.
- Stir in eggs and beans.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and add to sugar mixture.
- Add apples, raisins, nuts, and vanilla.
- Pour into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until done.
Nutritional Information Edit
- 210 calories | 10g Total Fat | 46mg Cholesterol | 113mg Sodium | 60mg Potassium | 6g Protein | 25g Carbs | 3g Fiber
- Exchanges: 1½ starch | 2 fats