Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 angel food cake, not the giant size
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cup boiling water
- ½ pint whipping cream (Cool Whip is easier)
- 2 (10 oz) package of strawberries frozen (not those bags of whole berries, these are rather square containers like an OJ container)
- 2 (3 oz) package strawberry Jell-o
- Dissolve Jell-O in that hot water and add salt and packages of strawberries. (the frozen strawberries will add juice)
- Stir until the strawberries are thawed.
- Chill until partially set.
- Fold in the whipped cream to this mix.
- Rub off the brown from the cake, you want white only.
- Tear into 1 inch squares, don't cut, just rip it up. If you have a Jell-O mould you can use it now, or any glass bowl is nice.
- Layer cake then strawberry mixture, lots of layers.
- Chill overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.