Grapefruit Fruit by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- Using the finest grating face on a cheese grater, remove the zest (colored part) from the peel of half a grapefruit.
- Squeeze enough juice from the grapefruit to make 2 cups juice.
- Strain seeds and pulp from juice, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add zest, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Freeze the grapefruit mixture in a storage container until solid.
- Shave sorbet with a spoon, and serve in cups.