Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 ounce container plain yogurt
- 2 ripe mangoes divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Line a sieve with 2 layers of paper towel and place over a bowl.
- Pour yogurt into the paper towel lined sieve then set aside to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel and cube mangoes then place in container of an electric blender.
- Whirl until puréed then add sugar to sweeten.
- In a bowl beat cream with sugar, vanilla and ground ginger until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in drained yogurt and the cubed and puréed mango until combined.
- Spoon into dessert glasses or wine goblets then sprinkle each serving with toasted coconut and diced mango.