This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 ounce container plain yogurt
- 2 ripe mangoes divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Line a sieve with 2 layers of paper towel and place over a bowl.
- Pour yogurt into the paper towel lined sieve then set aside to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel and cube mangoes then place in container of an electric blender.
- Whirl until puréed then add sugar to sweeten.
- In a bowl beat cream with sugar, vanilla and ground ginger until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in drained yogurt and the cubed and puréed mango until combined.
- Spoon into dessert glasses or wine goblets then sprinkle each serving with toasted coconut and diced mango.