Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 398mL can of sliced pineapple
- 4 tbsp melted vegan margarine OR light natural oil
- 2/3 cup unrefined brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegan margarine OR light natural oil
- 1 cup granulated beet Sugar
- Equivalent of 2 eggs in egg replacer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 tsp alum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
Drain the pineapple slices, reserving their juice. In a 9"x9" square baking pan, mix the melted margarine or oil with the brown sugar and 2 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice. Add water to the remaining pineapple juice to make 1 cup of liquid and set aside.
cream the second amount of margarine or oil with the beet Sugar until smoothly blended. Add the vanilla and egg replacer and beat until fluffy. Sift together the dry ingredients and add into the margarine/Sugar mixture alternating with the pineapple juice, beating after each addition.
Spoon the batter over the pineapple slices. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate and serve nice and warm.