Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by CM at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 yellow cake mix or make your own from scratch
- ⅔ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple slices
- maraschino cherries (enough to fill centers of pineapples)
Scratch cake Edit
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a frying pan and melt until it boils or bubbles.
- A cast iron pan works well because it's heavy and will be less likely to scorch.
- Place pineapples in the butter and sugar mixture.
- Put cherries in the center of the pineapple.
- Cut the slices of pineapple into halves and line the sides of the frying pan with them (standing up on edge).
- Prepare a box of yellow cake mix following the directions on the box to mix the batter (do not bake in a separate pan; follow instructions below), or if making a scratch cake, combine the cake ingredients and beat 1 minute.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries.
- Bake at 350°F.
- When the cake is done, loosen the edges with a butter knife.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit five minutes, then turn it upside down on a serving dish.
- Optional: instead of using a cake mix, you can prepare the batter from scratch using the recipe below, or any recipe for yellow cake.